- Roofing Contracting is a highly fragmented industry, with the top five players representing less than 5% market share in the U.S.
- M&A activity in the sector has increased in recent years, as small and mid-sized independent operators seek succession strategies and financial partners to facilitate growth opportunities
- Despite recent consolidation trends, the number of roofing companies in the U.S. is expected to grow through 2027 driven by small, localized companies continuing to enter the market
Total Roofing Contractor Companies in the U.S.
- The essential and re-occurring nature of roof replacements, as well as recurring service offerings, creates a durable revenue profile
- Given elevated levels of historical construction spend and 15 –25 year roof replacement cycles, industry participants expect a significant near and medium-term backlog of roofs requiring replacement
Roofing Contracting & Services Transaction Volume
U.S. Nonresidential Roof Replacement Backlog
We hope you find this information valuable, and as always, feel free to reach out if you would like to discuss in further detail. To read the full report, download the PDF below.