- Disconnect between Speed of Policy v. Speed of Technology/Innovation continues to shape, drive, and solidify the government’s partnership with industry as well as the appetite for capabilities, contracts, and customers through M&A.
- Record ADG M&A activity in 2021 with wide range, types, and tiers of buyers in the Government Contracting market including public and private strategics, new PE platforms as well as PE Bolt-Ons.
- Private Equity remains a significant M&A market participant with 15 new platforms and 25 bolt-on transactions completed in the 2nd half of 2021 in Government Services.
- There are over 50 PE Government Services platforms with end of hold platforms looking to exit or make one last investment and newer platforms looking to buy and build.
- Structural and funding dynamics should drive M&A activity through 2022 and beyond.
- Ever-increasing and changing threat vectors and misinformation activities from nation-states and foreign actors requires constant and heightened diligence and responsiveness.
Government Services PE Platforms – by Vintage Year
Government Services By Seller Type
Government Services By Buyer Type
We hope you find this information valuable, and as always, feel free to reach out if you would like to discuss in further detail. To read the full report, download the PDF below.